Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

My teenage niece blamed me.

Hidden behind that big, pimply, hormonal adolescent is our little baby. Discuss anything about adolescence and raising teenagers here. Or if you are a teenager, talk about being one and dealing with those darn parents.

My teenage niece blamed me.

Postby Jerlene » August 5th, 2012, 2:23 am

Just wanted to get some opinions on this. So my niece got ratted on by her step sister. Her step sister told her parents that my she smoked weed and drank alcohol. The step sister does this too and way more than my niece does, but that's another story. Anyway, my niece got scared and told her dad, my brother, that I was the one that gave her the drugs and alcohol and that I let her do it. I don't care for my brother so I let him blame me. But now he doesn't like it when his kids are around me.

Re: My teenage niece blamed me.

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 5:11 am

I wouldn't have taken the blame at all. No offense, but this makes you look bad, and it may make your niece think that she can just blame others to solve her problems or get away with things. Tell the truth and let her know that her actions have consequences.

Re: My teenage niece blamed me.

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 7:28 pm

You should not have taken the blame. That is just making things worse for your brother and you even if you do not like him. You need to set him straight and tell him that she did not get it from you.

Return to Teenagers (13-19)