Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Collecting maternity then quitting.

Being a parent in a family means juggling a lot of things, some of those things are working and staying afloat financially. Whether you are a work at home mom looking for new ways to make money online or need tips for trimming the family-budget, use this forum to talk to other Moms and Dads about anything to do with money, employment, business, credit and so forth.

Collecting maternity then quitting.

Postby Jerlene » August 5th, 2012, 12:05 am

So my sister-in-law has had several jobs in the last few years. She has been pregnant almost every year for the last six years. She has worked at each of her jobs to earn maternity leave, paid maternity leave. She has the babies, takes the leaves, then quits. This bothers me because not only is she cheating her employers, she is being lazy and not staying home for a year at a time "taking care of her kids". Now when I saw her I mean my mom.

I don't know what I'm asking. I guess this was just a vent. Always nice to get some feedback or opinions though.

Re: Collecting maternity then quitting.

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 6:21 pm

I don't want to be rude, but this situation also upsets me. I am in favor of having systems put into place to help people that really need help, but I hate when people abuse the system.

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 6:47 pm

That is not really fair for those that are employed there and earn the maternity leave. I can see where it bothers you.

Postby timajdad » September 16th, 2012, 8:59 pm

well, I don't agree with what she is doing, because she is cheating the system, I guess, but she works to build up the hours, so, i don't know.

Return to The Office - Work and Finances