Register

Official Blog

You are viewing a blog on the Parenting and Family Forums.

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

This is the official blog of the Parenting and Family Forums, written by the admin Scott.

Did you know that you can earn money by blogging on this website? Your blog can be a personal journal or it could be an advice column, or a little of both or something else -- anything to do with parenting or families or of particular interest to parents or families. Click here for more information.

Posted by Scott
October 3rd, 2012, 11:00 pm

Welcome to the official blog! First post!

I am just now creating this special layout that will be used for this blog section of the website. I have also created our first blog which will be my own.

I will mostly use this blog to post short articles I write with some information or friendly tips for parents and families. I may also include some posts about exciting announcements regarding the website.

The blogs in this section of the forums will work a little different to make them more blog-like.

Functionally speaking, only the blog writer will be able to create 'new topics' which of course will be their blog posts. All registered members can post read the posts and comments, unless the blog author chooses to restrict readership and/or commenting privileges to members he approves.

The appearance will be a little different. The sidebar will include the blog name and a unique image, such as the blog writer's avatar, to distinguish it from the rest of the website. The first post of each 'topic' which is the blog post will take up more space than a normal post on the forum and then in comparison the replies will be smaller than the first post.

The point is that the 'first post' on 'topics' in the blogs section will usually have more content than normal OPs in the forum.

Re: Welcome to the official blog! First post!

Postby Chris T » October 4th, 2012, 2:06 pm

This seems cool, Scott. I can see how you have it so the first post is emphaized differently than it usually is.

Return to Official Blog