Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Choosing a partner based on physical properties/race?

Use this forum to discuss anything having to do with family life and parenting or anything of particular interest to parents that does not fall in any of the other categories.

Choosing a partner based on physical properties/race?

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 3:55 am

I'm a Black man, and I am attracted to Japanese women. I'm planning on moving to Japan sometime next year as well. If I am lucky, I may marry a Japanese woman. I think that this will put any children that we have at a disadvantage, however, since Japan can be cruel to products of mixed marriages (especially when one partner is Black). My children may also have a tough time blending in in America. For these reasons, I have toyed with the ideas of not having children, or marrying a Black woman in order to have children that will be able to fit in.

Do you think that people should sacrifice what they are attracted to for their children, or just go ahead and have children with the person that they love regardless of how the children will come out?

Re: Choosing a partner based on physical properties/race?

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 6:35 pm

I do not think that you should sacrifice your happiness for your children, or not have any children because of that. That is not fair to you. Your children may not be accepted by everyone, but in reality is anyone accepted by everyone?

Postby khulbe » August 6th, 2012, 4:23 am

Hi MikePryor

I will suggest you to not to marry with Japanese women. Marry with a girl that lives in your country.

Postby timajdad » September 5th, 2012, 3:23 pm

To eaches own, but you should always put your kids in the position to suceed, the world is crule enough as is. and kids can be ruthless.

Return to The Living Room - General Family Life Talk