Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Teaching kids to shoot

Use this forum to discuss anything having to do with family life and parenting or anything of particular interest to parents that does not fall in any of the other categories.

Teaching kids to shoot

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 5:35 am

I believe in the Second Amendment and self-defense, so I think that it is reasonable to teach kids how to shoot. Has anyone here taught their kids how to shoot? If so, what age did you start them? I didn't learn until I was in my late teens. I wouldn't feel comfortable with young kids around firearms, but I see some videos on YouTube with kids that aren't old enough to go to kindergarten shooting hunting rifles!

Re: Teaching kids to shoot

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 6:32 pm

I have mixed feelings about this. I was never taught nor do I still know how. However I know a 4 year old that goes to the shooting range with her dad and shoots all the time.

Postby khulbe » August 6th, 2012, 4:15 am

I have no shooting range in my area. I have a daughter and I will like to make her a singer.

Postby timajdad » September 6th, 2012, 3:18 pm

I was taught how to shoot at age 10, and at the same time, I was taught to respect the power of a gun. What do you do when they get qurious.

Return to The Living Room - General Family Life Talk