Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Pushing male children to play sports

Use this forum to discuss anything having to do with family life and parenting or anything of particular interest to parents that does not fall in any of the other categories.

Pushing male children to play sports

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 3:09 pm

Do you think that it is a good idea to push male children to play sports? Playing sports and exercising will help them to become more athletic at a younger age, which will give them major advantages in life. I just started working out about a year ago, and I regret not being more athletic when I was younger. I do not want any sons that I have to share these regrets, so I may push them to lift weights once they get into high school.

Re: Pushing male children to play sports

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 6:31 pm

If they want to play then I say let them. If they have no interest in it, it is not right to push them. Let them do as they wish.

Postby khulbe » August 6th, 2012, 4:18 am

Playing sport is good for male as well as female baby. By playing sport children will get good exercise and physique.

Postby timajdad » September 6th, 2012, 8:23 am

It's never a good ideal to force a kid to play sports, just take them around to the parks, let them see other kids having fun, then they just might want to play sports.

Return to The Living Room - General Family Life Talk