Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Allowances

Use this forum to discuss anything having to do with family life and parenting or anything of particular interest to parents that does not fall in any of the other categories.

Allowances

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 7:40 pm

Do you give your child an allowance? My children are young yet but they get an allowance for doing small chores such as helping set the table. It gives them responsibility to do so and is good for them.

Re: Allowances

Postby khulbe » August 6th, 2012, 4:07 am

HI

It is good to provide allowance to children. With this payment, they can learn easily about add and subtract.

They will be able to know about savings and investment.

Postby timajdad » September 6th, 2012, 4:02 pm

its a reward for showing responsibility, our kids are 7, and 8 and like the ideal of earning money.

Site Admin
Marital Status: Married
Children: 2

Postby Scott » October 4th, 2012, 4:54 pm

My oldest is only two, so it isn't feasible anyway. Nonetheless, my take on allowances is this: I would not give my child an allowance just for the sake of it. I would offer my child the chance to get paid for doing household chores. However, there will be a minimum set of chores I require the child to do without pay, for room and board. Free hand-outs will spoil the child, IMO.

Return to The Living Room - General Family Life Talk