Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Protein Pancakes

A big part of family life is eating and dining. Whether you want to talk about healthy eating habits, share recipes or talk about favorite restaurants, anything to do with eating, dining or cooking goes here.

Protein Pancakes

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 2:56 am

I've been trying to add more protein into my diet, so I have been experimenting with different recipes. One recipe that worked well for me is protein pancakes.

What you will need:
1 cup of Bisquick
1 cup of milk (I prefer to use unsweetened almond milk, but regular milk should work too), add a bit more if you prefer thin pancakes
1 egg
2 tablespoons of ground flax (optional, but they are a good source of fiber and omega-3s)
60 grams of whey protein (I use vanilla Body Fortress, but you may want to use a different brand or flavor).

Mix the ingredients in a bowl until they form a batter, then cook on a skillet. This should be enough for two people to have quite a generous stack of pancakes. If you want more, just multiply the ingredients!

Re: Protein Pancakes

Postby Jerlene » August 5th, 2012, 3:02 am

I don't eat pancakes but this sounds like a good recipe. If I were to eat pancakes it would only be with milk. Not sure about the egg and whey though. Seriously, I may try this out. Thanks for the recipe.

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 3:14 am

You're welcome. I hope that you enjoy them!

The whey is just for added protein; you can use the same recipe without whey or flax seeds, but you won't be getting as much protein, fiber, or omega-3s.

Postby Jerlene » August 5th, 2012, 3:32 am

Yeah I know. I use to do the whole whey in my diet thing. I was more hesitant because of the egg.

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 6:38 pm

These sound really good. And healthy as well. I will be trying them out once I get groceries. Thanks for the recipe.

Postby timajdad » September 6th, 2012, 4:29 pm

uuuuug,eeeeeem,auuuuuu,aaaaaaa,uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well my wife wouldhave a better answer than I do.

Return to The Kitchen - Food, Eating, Recipes