Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Changing for someone else.

Parents aren't just child-care-bots! Whether you are a single parent getting back on the dating scene looking for support or a long-married couple looking for great date ideas or whatever, anything to do with the relationships of Mommies and Daddies can be talked about here.

Changing for someone else.

Postby Jerlene » August 5th, 2012, 2:11 am

If you were dating someone who you could see yourself falling in love with someday and they've expressed some things about you that they wanted you to change, would you? Why or why not?

Re: Changing for someone else.

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 2:40 am

It would depend on how serious the relationship is and the things that they wanted me to change. I believe that people can grow in relationships, so some hanged will naturally occur. If she wanted me to make drastic changes that would ultimately lead to my unhappiness, I would not be able to make those changes, and unfortunately, we'd have to break off the relationship.

Postby Jerlene » August 5th, 2012, 2:43 am

I personally wouldn't change for anyone, at least not anything drastic. If they don't like me then that's their problem. I'm fine with who I am. :)

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 3:45 pm

I agree. When I said that people change in relationships, I meant that people learn new things from their partners (or at least I do). I like to date women that I am compatible with, but dating women that are only into the things that I like is boring for me. I like to learn new things and teach new things when I'm in a relationship since it adds more excitement.

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 6:45 pm

No I would not change. If they can not love me for me then they do not need to love me at all.

Return to The Bedroom - Relationships and Sex