Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

How soon did your child crawl?

From the moment you start thinking about trying for your first baby until he or she is blabbering around at his/her first birthday party, age-specific advice and chat is here.

How soon did your child crawl?

Postby Jerlene » August 4th, 2012, 10:31 pm

I don't have any children myself but I have a lot of nieces and nephews so I've been around kids my whole life and each of them developed differently as far as speed goes. So, when did your child start to crawl?

My youngest nephew, who is currently seven months old, hasn't started crawling yet but he hops. Almost! My oldest baby nephew, who is currently five years old, started crawling at five months old.

Re: How soon did your child crawl?

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 7:16 pm

One crawled at 6 months and the other crawled at 8 months. All children are different so you really can not base it off what one child does and what another does.

Postby timajdad » September 16th, 2012, 9:28 pm

my son was perfectly round from head to toe, so he rolled around the house 4 months then crawled every where.

Site Admin
Marital Status: Married
Children: 2

Postby Scott » October 5th, 2012, 11:55 pm

My son started crawled at 6 months. My daughter mostly rolls around, and mostly only stretches forwards and changes directions rather than doing a continuous crawl. But somehow she gets all around the house like that.

Return to Expecting, Newborns, and Infants (0-1)