Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Baby's First Birthday!

From the moment you start thinking about trying for your first baby until he or she is blabbering around at his/her first birthday party, age-specific advice and chat is here.

Baby's First Birthday!

Postby Jerlene » August 4th, 2012, 10:33 pm

What kind of things do you do on your baby's first birthday? Is it a big deal or just another birthday?

I'm from Hawaii and first birthdays are always the biggest ones.

Re: Baby's First Birthday!

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 6:26 pm

I would want to give them one to remember, but in all honesty, they probably won't really remember much.

I really don't know what I would do. I wouldn't want to overdo it with gifts at this age since they may not know what to do with them, and I certainly wouldn't feed them too many sweets. It would probably be a day for the family more than a birthday party for the infant. What I would do would depend on my wife's input and the input of other family members.

Re: Baby's First Birthday!

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 7:11 pm

Have a big cake and then let baby dig in his or her own cake. It is a very big deal to turn one. A milestone.

Return to Expecting, Newborns, and Infants (0-1)