Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Should the Goverment place a limit on having kids?

From the moment you start thinking about trying for your first baby until he or she is blabbering around at his/her first birthday party, age-specific advice and chat is here.

Should the Goverment place a limit on having kids?

Postby timajdad » September 16th, 2012, 9:45 pm

my cousin had more kids at age 25, "9" then most normal two parent households in America, she is now 46 and have "24" kids. with about 4 sets of twins, and she is on welfare. so if she is dependent on the Government should they be able to place a limit on how many kids she could have?

Site Admin
Marital Status: Married
Children: 2

Re: Should the Goverment place a limit on having kids?

Postby Scott » October 5th, 2012, 11:52 pm

I support banning deadbeat parents from having more children somehow, at least until they get their act together. I am especially concerned about these men who impregnate a bunch of different women but do not help raise the children and fail to pay child support and/or do not work enough to support all those children. I say incarcerate them and force them to work while behind bars to pay for the child support.

However, I also think such policies need to be looked at very skeptically and enacted with carefully. It's very easy for government power to be abused, or for its arbitrariness to go after unintended people -- like harsh sex offender laws that cause 17-year-olds who -- age aside -- have consensual sex with a 15-year-old ending up on the sex offender registry for life the same as the worst kind of sex predators.

Return to Expecting, Newborns, and Infants (0-1)