Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Discpline

Hidden behind that big, pimply, hormonal adolescent is our little baby. Discuss anything about adolescence and raising teenagers here. Or if you are a teenager, talk about being one and dealing with those darn parents.

Discpline

Postby tawynanaustin » October 30th, 2012, 12:58 pm

My daughter was hiding food/candy/etc. under her bed at my house and her grandparents. Solution: taken bed away and placed in storage for 30days. She hasn't done it again. She stole jewelry from me and grandmother. Solution: Her Nanna spend the day shopping so she would have her own. She stopped for 4 months and she's back doing it again. She's been sent to the principal for distrupting the class, which leads to school suspension. Solution: punishment(no TV, cell,ninotendo DS) But she has the "i don't care attitude" when i tell her she will have consequences for her actions. I have stopped yelling/screaming at her to make her understand she needs to make better decisions. I have left the room when others like her grandparents, aunts, or uncles try to discuss it with her so she wouldn't feel that EVERYBODYS GAINING UP ON HER. I tried the guidance counselor,individual and family counseling.
I have had ENUFF.
NOW, Im about to pull out the belt.
Any suggestions.

Re: Discpline

Postby cyrahaz » October 3rd, 2014, 5:45 am

;)

Part of being a human.

Re: Discpline

Postby Farzana Yesmin » December 23rd, 2016, 7:19 pm

I am a teenage girl.In this age, i clearly notice that sometime i want to do something wrong, sometime making fun or sometime late night i stole some food from my fridge.But, Why??? didn't know yet . :P :P

Return to Teenagers (13-19)