Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

When to potty train.

From ages roughly 1 until 3, the toddler years are a time of great cognitive, emotional and social development. Chat about it and get and share advice about it here.

When to potty train.

Postby Jerlene » August 4th, 2012, 11:53 pm

If you have a child and you've already passed the potty training stage, how old were they? How long did it take them to be fully trained?

I have a three year old niece who tried the whole training thing and failed. Her parents are too lazy to be consistent and this has caused her to be a bed wetter. They rather change underwear than diapers.

Re: When to potty train.

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 4:07 pm

I would try to get them started with potty training by age two. I started around this age and it took me a year, if I recall.

As far as her parents are concerned, it is a real shame. Lazy parents can have a terrible effect on children.

Re: When to potty train.

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 7:18 pm

You have to potty train when the child is ready. But just because a child is a bed wetter does not mean that they are not potty trained. There may be some other issues there.

Return to Toddlers (1-3)