Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

2 year old won't eat anything

From ages roughly 1 until 3, the toddler years are a time of great cognitive, emotional and social development. Chat about it and get and share advice about it here.

2 year old won't eat anything

Postby Jerlene » August 5th, 2012, 2:28 am

My 2 year old niece won't eat anything but snacks. She refuses to eat any REAL food and her parents don't really care what she eats as long as she eats. How do I go about getting her to eat real food, other than scolding her, taking away her snacks and sending her home?

Re: 2 year old won't eat anything

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 3:41 pm

I would suggest looking up recipes to try to make healthy food taste more like a snack. She cannot continue eating this way or there could be problems with her growth or other health issues.

Re: 2 year old won't eat anything

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 7:19 pm

Try smoothies. They are sort of like ice cream and you can hide veggies in them and you can not tell. Add a few pieces of broccoli to your yogurt and strawberries and blend away.

Return to Toddlers (1-3)