Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Binkies.

From the moment you start thinking about trying for your first baby until he or she is blabbering around at his/her first birthday party, age-specific advice and chat is here.

Binkies.

Postby Jerlene » August 5th, 2012, 2:58 am

How long do you let your kids use their binkies? I have never let any of my nieces and nephews use their binkies passed a year and a half and even that is pushing it. Most of them never used one though or only used one for 1 week to 1 month.

Re: Binkies.

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 3:32 pm

I never used one as a baby. I would probably want my child off of it by six months. Anything longer than twelve months might hurt the development of speech or interfere with teething.

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 7:12 pm

My children never really used them. However my sister loved hers and had it till she was about 3 which for me is way too old.

Postby timajdad » September 16th, 2012, 10:04 pm

my kids are 11mos and 3 weeks apart, and my son used one for 1 year, my daughter about 2 years, she is older and was not giving her's up, not at all. then one day they lost them over grandmas and never missed them.

Return to Expecting, Newborns, and Infants (0-1)