Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Television

From ages roughly 1 until 3, the toddler years are a time of great cognitive, emotional and social development. Chat about it and get and share advice about it here.

Television

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 7:46 am

When I was this age, I watched television shows such as Sesame Street and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Modern children's television shows, like Dora, seem to be more vapid and have less educational value and more marketing value (could be my age talking though since they're not geared for me). Do you think that modern children's TV is actually good for children (in moderation, of course)?

Re: Television

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 7:22 pm

Certain shows are good, like Dora teaches Spanish so it is educational. However I would never let my child watch Spongebob as that is not educational at all.

Return to Toddlers (1-3)