Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

18. Time to leave?

Hidden behind that big, pimply, hormonal adolescent is our little baby. Discuss anything about adolescence and raising teenagers here. Or if you are a teenager, talk about being one and dealing with those darn parents.

18. Time to leave?

Postby Jerlene » August 4th, 2012, 10:36 pm

Would you kick your child out of your house once they turned eighteen? Job or no job.

Re: 18. Time to leave?

Postby MikePryor » August 5th, 2012, 5:06 am

I wouldn't kick them out, especially in this economy. I would urge them to take more responsibility in their lives though. They would either have to be in college or working somehow (online work would count; I understand that it is tough to get a job these days, and with the war still on the military might not be the best alternative). They wouldn't be able to just live on the couch and eat without working though.

Postby angie828 » August 5th, 2012, 7:32 pm

No I would not. I lived at home until I was 21. I do not see anything wrong with it as long as they are not any trouble.

Postby khulbe » August 6th, 2012, 7:22 am

At the age of 18, my daughter would be take admission in the graduate college. We have to wait upto 20 for entering herself into the job.

Return to Teenagers (13-19)