Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

How to Make Your Children Super Achievers

Hidden behind that big, pimply, hormonal adolescent is our little baby. Discuss anything about adolescence and raising teenagers here. Or if you are a teenager, talk about being one and dealing with those darn parents.

How to Make Your Children Super Achievers

Postby khulbe » August 6th, 2012, 4:39 am

HI guys
I want to see my child as a super achiever.
Do you have any tips regarding how to make your children super achievers?

Re: How to Make Your Children Super Achievers

Postby Love » August 7th, 2012, 8:20 pm

I was personally an over-achiever during my youth, so here are my tips:

• Enroll your child to various activities; extracurricular, sports and academics.
    Always guide them to give their best in these 3 fields. Hire coaches and tutors to help your child excel. Never limit their potential, they can be better with your aid.

• Hone their talents (singing, dancing, music, art, theatre).
    A talented kid is a confident kid. Always support his/her hobbies, help them find something that they're good at and hire someone qualified to help your child develop them correctly. The earlier they start taking talent classes, the better!

• Always study with them, give them the opportunity to feel what it's like being at the top of their class. The moment the feeling of being considered the best becomes familiar, they'll get hooked and strive to achieve it for themselves.
    They will start having expectations based on what they know they can do, and do their most not to disappoint. They will learn that it is very important to do well in school, and ultimately learn responsibility.

• Teach your child the joy of competitiveness, it is important to let them learn how fun it is to compete at a young age because that's how they grow up never fearing competition. That's how you raise a champion.
    You, as a parent, should never fear competition either. Whenever an opportunity to compete appears and you know that your child is fairly good at whatever the competition's about, take it.

• Always encourage, never discourage.

Return to Teenagers (13-19)