Register

Welcome to the Parenting and Family Forums! This is a fun and informative website for parents by parents. If you are not already a member, please join for free now! It's quick, easy and free! Once you have registered and logged in, you can post replies in the current topics as well as start your own.

Your views about same sex marriage

Parents aren't just child-care-bots! Whether you are a single parent getting back on the dating scene looking for support or a long-married couple looking for great date ideas or whatever, anything to do with the relationships of Mommies and Daddies can be talked about here.

Your views about same sex marriage

Postby khulbe » August 6th, 2012, 6:05 am

Hi friends
Please share your views about same sex marriage. In my country, it is legal.

Re: Your views about same sex marriage

Postby timajdad » September 6th, 2012, 4:56 pm

To eaches own, I am happly maried with 2 kids to the LOML, and she loves her last name.

Site Admin
Marital Status: Married
Children: 2

Re: Your views about same sex marriage

Postby Scott » October 5th, 2012, 11:17 pm

In the USA, it was just 45 years ago when the courts overturned many states bans on interracial marriage despite public opinion. At the time, the vast majority of Americans strongly opposed interracial marriage and wanted interracial marriage to be banned. Even today, in some southern states more republicans want interracial marriage banned than want interracial marriage to be legal.

For the rest of us who now support the legal status of interracial marriage, I think we are logically compelled to support legalizing homosexual marriage. If anyone disagrees, then I think that person's position is logically indefensible unless they can give a logically consistent answer to the following question: Why shall it be legal for an 80-year-old black woman to marry a white man but not be legal for two lesbians to get married? Keep in mind, both couples are infertile, and lesbian couples have lower rates of STDs so an argument about procreation or STDs would fail.

Return to The Bedroom - Relationships and Sex